School uniform helps to build a sense of identity as a school family and helps us to promote high expectations of each other. Parents can order uniform online from Stevensons or visit their Harpenden shop. Uniform is also available second hand from the school and at various advertised events. The Children should be smartly dressed as follows.
- Gold High Beeches polo shirt with school emblem
- Green High Beeches jumper or cardigan with school emblem
- Mid-grey trousers/shorts*/skirt/ dress (these can also be purchased from M & S, Next, John Lewis etc)
- Grey socks for boys, Grey/green tights or grey/green/white socks for girls*
- Green striped (not chequered) summer dress* for girls, to be worn with white socks.
- Green, white or neutral coloured hair bands/clips.
- Smart school shoes should be black or navy. Velcro or buckle fastenings please, no laces, until they can do them up independently. Winter boots may be worn under long trousers only but must have a flat heel. Children may wear white/neutral closed-toe sandals with socks in the summer.
- PE kit:
- House coloured High Beeches t-shirt with school logo.
- Black shorts
- Plain, dark coloured, Winter tracksuit, without brand logos or embellishments
- High Beeches drawstring sports bag
- High Beeches book bag. This is used to carry books and forms etc from the school. It can be personalised with 1 key ring so that your child can easily identify it.
- Winter coats may be of any colour but warm, hooded ones are essential.
All items should be clearly named. Unnamed/lost items will be put in lost property.
No jewellery is permitted for infants. This includes watches, earrings, tattoos, nail varnish and braids/beads/decorations in hair. Children in the junior years may wear watches or plain stud earrings if they are able to independently take responsibility for them. Earrings should not be worn on PE/games days.
Long hair must always be tied back away from the face (see above re colours of hairbands). Gel and other products are not permitted and hairbands or similar should not be worn as an accessory for those with short hair that does not fall over the face and/or beyond the collar.
*Tights/long socks or long trousers should be worn during the cold winter months of Autumn 2 and Spring 1. Summer dresses may be worn during the Summer term and Autumn 1.